So, I fell off the blogging wagon. WHOOPS. Anyway, here's the yearly survey. There is no #22, so no, I didn't skip it.
2011 was ... full of highs and lows, and not many in-betweens. I'm glad to see it go.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Got an A in a university-level science course. No, really. And I actually worked for it, too.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Same as every year, I don't really make solid resolutions, and then I don't keep 'em.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Auntie Dora, my great aunt, died at the age of 105.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Laundry in my apartment.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 1st, February 25th, May 14th. June 12th. July 11th. July 27th and July 28th.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Got into graduate school.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Let's not talk about this.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Compartment syndrome! Got my legs cut open.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new mattress. OMG.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Amber's. You know why.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
All republicans. And that other person.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Starting graduate school. My upcoming trip to Colorado.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder.
ii. thinner or fatter? 20 lbs lighter.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer. Whoops.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Staying up late (still). Eating, spending money.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Aunt and uncle's house for dinner, as usual.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Bones, Castle. STILL. I'm clearly a sucker for the sexual tension.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Emperor of Maladies.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
Got into graduate school.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I think the only movie I saw this year was Harry Potter. Whoops. Did I not see anything else?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25. I taught in the morning, went to class afterwards. After office hours, I did some shots with my friends before going to our second class. After I got home, I went to dinner with my mom, and then I met up with my friends for drinks. It was a great birthday.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I had one! Um, clean, comfortable, and chic.
34. What kept you sane?
Netflix, Loki, Amber, Michelle, Scott.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Dan Radcliffe, just so you know, I'm ALWAYS available if you're interested.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Is there one that doesn't? I'm a socialist feminist shrieking harpy.
37. Who did you miss?
Lady. That other person.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
CM/MCBB/EBE first years!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
When you know something is a bad idea, you SHOULDN'T DO IT. And you really should NOT do it multiple times either.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart
Cause I like to keep my issues strong
It's always darkest before the dawn