As usual, I fell off the blogging wagon. It's not shocking, since I've been very ill all year and grad school kind of got ... grad schoolier. Anyway!
2012 was mostly awful. I was very, very sick all year, and my insurance wouldn't cover my meds for several months. Grad school got extremely irritating, and I have to constantly remind myself that I need my PhD. But I had a wonderful year with my partner, and hopefully, 2013 will be much better.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Moved on September 1st. And I will NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Weirdly enough, none of them. Huh!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Got into a lab.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting well. Not working harder in school. Not taking care of myself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ulcerative colitis came back to ruin my life and career.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Partner's parents. THEY SAVED US.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Mitt Romney. My dad.
14. Where did most of your money go?
PRESCRIPTIONS. Did you know that Asacol HD costs almost $900 a month?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving in with my partner.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Cake's "Palm of your Hand."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? 5 lbs lighter.
iii. richer or poorer? NOT POORER, FINALLY.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Staying home sick in bed.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas Eve with partner's brothers, Christmas morning with partner's family, dinner with my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
23. How many one-night stands?
ALL OF THEM.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Vitamin String Quartet.
28. What did you want and get?
Moving in with a partner.
29. What did you want and not get?
TO GET BETTER.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26. Partner made crepes for brunch, and we spent the day in our apartment, relaxing. He then took me to a very fancy restaurant for dinner. It was the best ever.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably satisfying?
Not being broke!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Comfortable and trendy.
34. What kept you sane?
Jack, Loki, Amber, Michelle.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
COME AT ME DAVID TENNANT
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
That other person, still.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
Don't move on September 1st in Boston.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I get knocked down, then I get up again
You ain't never gonna keep me down
(Ahahahahahahaha no seriously)