Monday, February 8, 2010

Spam texts

Recently, I've been getting a lot of spam texts.  I changed my text settings and filed an FCC complaint, and for about a week, I got no spam texts.  It was pretty surprising and annoying as fuck to get 6 spam texts in the span of 20 minutes when I hadn't gotten spam texts in about a year.

So I had one week to think to myself, "Phew, I guess it got taken care of."  WRONG.  I got one at work today.

1) We all sort of keep our cells one during work, and while people don't make/take a lot of personal calls and texts ... well, sometimes we do.  You can hear ringtones throughout the day, but they tend to be infrequent.  But my ringtones are louder than everyone else's because of an annoying flaw with my phone (2nd gen LG Chocolate), so when I get a text or a call, and it's spam or a wrong number, it's embarrassing because EVERYONE heard it.

2) I'm not embarrassed to have the "success!" chime from the Legend of Zelda series as my text/voicemail alert ring tone.  If I were, I'd have changed it to something more mundane.  But for the love of god, don't text me at work!

3) I pay for this shit!  I mean, there's a reason it's illegal, besides the fact that it's pretty fucking annoying.  But it costs me money.  That's all kinds of uncool.

4) Stop making me think that people actually want to talk to me!  It's SUCH a let-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment