Friday, April 29, 2011

200th post

Cool.

Well, not that cool.  200 rambling posts, which vary between extraordinarily long rants about sexism and tiny little posts that consist of me just complaining about stuff.  Not that impressive, I'll tell ya.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm leaving for my very first conference, a vision research annual meeting.  I'll be presenting my first poster, too, which I'm only excited about because I'm proud of myself.  I'm not that thrilled to stand beside it for 3-4 hours, repeating myself endlessly/judging myself if fewer people stop by my poster than at other posters.  I'm anxious that I'll be bored during people's talks, or get in trouble with my boss for not going to enough talks/poster sessions, or whatever.

But hey, I'm signing up to be a scientist.  It's time to get used to talks and posters and symposia, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment