Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Two miles omg

I went out to dinner tonight with a friend of mine; we went to Burtons Grill and got the Restaurant Week menu.  It.  Was.  AWESOME.

To get there, I walked about a half mile to the bus, and took the most almost all the way to the restaurant.  On the way home, I still wanted to chat with my friend, who had decided to walk home.  She agreed to walk with me if I chose to walk home, too, even though it was a bit out of the way for her.  So I walked home, no bus.  I didn't realize it, but it was a mile and a half walk home, not just a mile.

So I walked two miles today.  And now I am absolutely exhausted!  I've gone months without running and been able to get back on the horse fairly easily, but I've never gone this long without walking on a regular basis.  Normally, I walk at least a mile every weekday, to get too and from work.  So I guess I shouldn't be so surprised at how tired I am now.  I could totally fall asleep right now.  Yikes.

I won't, though; Loki is having too much fun running up and down my legs right now, having conversations with my big toenails.  Not joking.  It's very weird because he keeps walking over the part of my leg that's still numb.  He takes great care to avoid the incisions; he's afraid of the left interior one, with the blister.

Oh, bird.  But whatever.  'Cause I walked two miles today, suckahs!

No comments:

Post a Comment