Thursday, December 17, 2009

Your legs must be tired from running in my dreams all night

Or something like that.

Last night, when I got home, after waiting about an hour an a half for my roommate to be done cooking, eating, and cleaning up from dinner with my friend, I baked cookies for tonight's lab holiday party (pumpkin).  During the baking process, I cleaned up the kitchen as best I could; I put my roommate's stuff on one counter, cleared off the other two, cleaned out my cabinets, reorganized some other cabinets, and shifted food around in the fridge and freezer.  The rest of the mess is his, save for the cookie sheets and cooling racks, which I will clean up probably tomorrow (again, the party is tonight; I won't be home till late).

I went to bed late-ish because I had to wrap presents and shower; I fell asleep pretty quickly, probably tired from cleaning.  But when I woke up, I was still exhausted, to the point of not knowing where I was or that I hadn't already gone to work (I'm always disoriented in the morning, but when I'm well-rested, I just take a few minutes to climb out of a dream and back into my bed; when I'm obscenely tired, I really have no fucking clue where I am or what's going on).  Why was I so tired?

Oh.  Because I dreamt I went to Finland and I was visiting an old friend from high school whom I haven't spoken with in a LONG time.  And we were going to go to a  museum, but first, we went to this special gym where, around lunch time, people would go to in their street clothes and do aerobics exercises with noodles.  Not food noodles.  Water noodles (the foam floaty things).  And these exercises were not in the water; they were like giant group classes, held in a plaza and led by a video that was in English (I noted how weird it was that we were in Finland but the video was in English and figured that the residents just followed the movements or something).

So maybe that's why I'm tired.  Because after cleaning the kitchen for a while, I then went abroad and did an aerobics class with a pool toy.  Interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment