I used to do this every year (since mid-high school) on my online diary. I don't use it anymore, so ... it'll be here. There is no #22, so no, I didn't skip it.
2010 was a really great year, and I'm sad to see it go. If 2011 is at least as good, I'll be pretty happy.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Among other things, booked a hotel room. Got a pedicure.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Do I ever keep them? For this coming year: as usual, try to keep my room clean.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Probably February 13th. Third date with Bill; we made out.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Got a grad school interview, and first author on a poster for a conference in May.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting my room turn into the fourth circle of hell.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Colitis came back with a vengeance.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Can I say me? How about Sady Doyle et al for #Mooreandme!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Obama's. Come on, dude, why did we elect you?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Grad schools + the gym.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Bad Romance (RA RA AH AH AAAH)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Way happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Fitter.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Running and cleaning.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Staying up late. (I doubt this will ever change.)
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas already happened. Spent it at my aunt and uncle's.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
A winter jacket :) Published. A grad interview. Job satisfaction.
29. What did you want and not get?
Laser eye surgery! Geez!
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Didn't hit up the theaters much. True Grit was great.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24. Went to work, went out in my gorgeous dress with Bill. Had dinner at Teatro, saw Wicked. That weekend, went to the Cape with friends.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably satisfying?
RUNNING, how I MISSED YOU (and more interviews).
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Comfortable but less frumpy than usual.
34. What kept you sane?
Loks. Kyle. Michelle and Scott. (Loki also has the honor of also driving me insane.)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Finally, not Jensen Ackles (as much). Dan Radcliffe, just so you know, I'm ALWAYS available if you're interested.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Is there one that doesn't? Tax cuts, immigration law, DADT, DOMA, Prop 8 decision, healthcare. Stupak, I still hate you.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Getting to meet the BoShakers in person was fantastic.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Not having laundry in your building is a terrible, terrible idea.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
A whole new lab
That’s where we’ll be
Across the hall
If you want, just call
We have cookies