Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thoughts on baseball

Not that I'm changing any affiliations, or how I feel about certain teams ...

... but I was wondering tonight, why is it that we hate the Yankees so much? I mean, yes, I dislike them and I enjoy seeing them lose, although it's okay if they win when they're not against us/we're not competing with them for 1st (or 2nd) in the division. But why do we hate them so much? They're just a bunch of baseball players, same as ours. And I don't hate all of the players.

Although now that Joe Torre's on the West Coast, it just doesn't feel like the rivalry exists any more.

Also, when the hell are we going to get a decent short stop? Theo? Have you been doing anything in that department? I hope he does one of those things where he finds a player no one wants who ends up kicking ass. That way, we can maybe trade, I don't know ... one of our lousy short stops for someone whose team thinks they suck but then ends up kicking ass for us. I don't think I want to trade Brad Penny, although I know Clay Buchholz is getting really sick of being in the minors. As long as Daisuke Matsuzaka stays out of the rotation/all games until he gets his act together, I guess I'm happy with our pitching staff. Papelbon had better not give up any more homers, though.

I need to go to bed, but if I do, I'll miss Baseball Tonight's web gems, and I might DIE if I do. Ellsbury's going to be at least #2 if not #1, and I don't want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment